Friday, November 14, 2003

Windy City

I don't like wind. Generally, I find it to be beyond annoying. I blows my hair in my face, even if I have it pulled back, it blows in my ears and my nose, and it riles up all the gross stuff on the street. A nice breeze at the beach or on a warm summer day is one thing, but wind is just the pits. Sometimes I get mad at the wind. Which I knw is stupid, because how can I get mad at nature, but I'll bet people don't feel all warm and cuddly about volcano eruptions. Anyway, if you are in New York, you know that the wind here is really getting obnoxious. It's finally supposed to die down tonight. Last night, I swear I was hit by snow flurries. *sigh* It was painful walking to the subway. In ten minutes, I got sick. Hooray for wind! Not. Today I'm huddling in my apartment until the last possible moment. It's a real shake your fists at the heavens moment for me.

I'm singing at an outdoor charity event tomorrow. The wind better be manageable by then, or ... well, I don't know what, but the wind will have me to deal with!

No comments: