Monday, November 03, 2003

All Hallow's Eve

So, what did you do for Halloween? I went to a raging house party, hosted by my BOYFRIEND (yes, I have a boyfriend) and his roommates. I went as Sally Bowles, "the toast of Mayfair," from the musical Cabaret. My costume was based in part on Liza Minelli's from the movie, and in part on my own conception of the character. I wore a black bob wig with short bangs and a bowler hat. I used heavy black eyeliner all around my eyes, fake eyelashes, heavy pink blush and blackberry lipstick (plus requisite mole at the right eye). I wore a sleeveless V-necked black dance leotard under my electric blue satin, steel-boned, overbust corset with four garters attached, back-seamed black stockings and my Prairie Farm boots, which are adorable. I felt fat, because I used to be able to tie the corset much tighter. And that was just a few years ago. Oh well, I still looked hot. In fact, I think I was the most scantily clad person there, even though the weather was quite warm.

What did you wear?

No comments: