Tuesday, March 30, 2004

You Go, Rude Boy!

The opening night of Prince's Musicology tour was broadcast live on movie screens across the country, and I was at one of them last night. The concert was at LA's Staples Center (one place I didn't see in CA), so it started at 11 pm EST. It was very late. But it was awesome. I wish the people in the movie theatre had gotten up to dance, but I will get a chance to see the live concert at Madison Square Garden on July 14. The first (and last) Prince concert I saw was in July of 1997, soon after I moved to New York. I can't believe it's been 7 years since I saw him in person. It doesn't seem that long!

He played a lot of hits, some shortened, some with long instrumental jams, much like in 1997. He opened with "Musicology", which is a cute song. He played it on Leno a couple of weeks ago. Some unexpected surprises included "Shh" from Gold, "Insatiable" from Diamonds and Pearls, a cleaned up version of "DMSR" from 1999, and instrumental of "God" (B-side), and "Let's Work" from Controversy. I can't wait to see it again, where I can shake my booty down to the ground. He even did an acoustic encore. The man is incredible in concert.

But what did you think I'd say?

No comments: