Friday, June 13, 2003

My Life Is A Musical Theatre Cliche

I woke up this morning at 2:53 am after having a really bad, scary dream. I was reading a Stephen King book and as I was reading it, it was coming true. I even read it three times to see if it would change, but it didn't. It was post-apocalyptic, but it involved people running through the woods trying to escape from monsters who were eating them. Very stressful and scary. I mean, these big Sasquatch-type things were eating people! Anyway, I was happy to wake up, but I was very tired. Everytime I almost fell asleep, I would fall back into the dream, and I didn't want to! I couldn't call anyone to talk me down, and I was too tired to get up and watch TV. So -- and don't laugh, at least not to my face -- I started singing "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music so I would fall alseep to happy thoughts. I had to sing that thing (in my head) four or five time before I nodded off. Thankfully, no more nightmares. I guess I really am soothed by the thought of cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels. Who knew?

No comments: