Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Friends... How Many Of Us Have Them?

My friend Abby invited me to join Friendster.com, just a couple of short days after I read about it in Next, NYC's second best homo weekly. According to Next, it's a great way to meet guys through your friends rather than chatting up some hustler in Yahoo!'s "Uncut Pinga" room. They did concede that the creators of Friendster say that there are plenty of straight folks in the database, too, but you only see people to whom you are connected by a friend, so the guys at Next only saw... well, you get the picture. It's cute. Lots of people, though. I'm connected to 7404 other folks! Talk about six degrees of separation. One caveat: it may be the connection here at the ever-more expensive internet brothel, but pages are taking a long time troload, and I keep getting bumped back to the sign-in page. Maybe it's insanely popular and more than the Friendster server can handle, but if that's not fixed soon, I won't be feeling too friendly.

No comments: